Saving you time, money and unnecessary stress
In those moments when the pressures and obligations placed upon you as a business owner feel too much, rest assured that you’re not alone.
At British Marine we have over 1,500 business leaders in membership, of whom many will be experiencing similar challenges to you or are looking to explore new commercial opportunities.
As a British Marine member, you are automatically eligible to join one of our 11 regional Associations and one of our 14 group Associations that best represent your specific business interests.
Each Association provides you with exclusive access to a multitude of networking opportunities whether that’s at a regional level or with businesses in your own sector of the industry. You can discuss current challenges and barriers with your peers, work together on projects and initiatives to drive progress for our industry, or bring forward common issues that British Marine will then lobby for you on a national level.
To find out more about how we can help, including which Association would be of the most value to you, please contact the British Marine team at email@example.com or on 01784 473377.
‘British Marine have provided ABC Leisure Group with invaluable support, through representation and via its associations, but also specialist advice such as VAT and Crisis Management’
What are the benefits of joining an Association?
As a British Marine member, you are automatically eligible to join one of our 11 regional Associations and at least one of our 14 group Associations that best represent your specific business interests. There is also the opportunity to join more if you’d like. Depending on your membership package, it can be free or at a small cost.
- Networking: All our associations host a wide range of events and networking opportunities during the year where members can meet each other to discuss the state of the industry, best practices and the challenges that they face - or simply have fun, explore new opportunities and share news at a social get-together.
- A strong collective voice: Only by working together can we make change and progress happen for the benefit of your business, your customers and the wider industry. At Annual General Meetings (AGMs), common issues are voiced and discussed that British Marine will then take forward and help to address, including lobby for on your behalf.
- Peer support: Legislative changes, economic fluctuations or shifting environmental concerns influence the success of your business. Reflect on your experiences and challenges with peers and industry experts or work together on projects or initiatives - your membership gets you exactly the support you need when you need it.
- Become a spokesperson for the industry: If you’re keen to raise your personal profile, become better connected, influence what the British Marine team focuses on and/or do more to help our industry flourish, then we can help! Within each association, there is an opportunity to join its governing committee and/or sit on the British Marine Council. Ultimately, you could become the chair of your association with the influence to drive decisions and policies.
- Association-specific support: Access to a whole host of association-specific guidance and support including codes of practice, buyers’ guides, template contracts, operational guides and checklists.
- Association logo: As an exclusive member benefit, you can use the British Marine logo and relevant Association logos on your promotional materials - giving existing and new customers peace of mind that they are in safe hands with a business that adheres to British Marine’s Code of Practice, which puts customers first.
Tell me more about Association events
Entry to most events is included in your membership, although some events do charge a small additional fee. To make networking as accessible as possible, we organise many association events to take place around industry shows. Most events are by invitation only for our members. Depending on the event, some are also open to non-members or allow additional guests.
Association events include:
- Social events including organised dinners and executive retreats.
- Virtual and face to face meetings
- Association dinners and award evenings.
- Dedicated peer-to-peer networking events.
- Seasonal parties.
- Technical seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Annual General Meetings.
- Association Committee and Council meetings.
- Cross-association networking events.
- Tours of member businesses.
- Industry event gatherings.
- Roundtable discussions.
Which Associations are there?
How is each Association structured?
Each active Association has a member-elected Committee and Association Chair, which is made up of British Marine members. Each chair sits alongside their peers on the Organisation wide British Marine Council which meets quarterly - this structure forms the essential conduit between our members and the British Marine team, ensuring that the needs of our members are well understood.
Each Committee typically discusses and reviews:
- Their Association’s event calendar.
- Items to raise at upcoming Council meetings and for the British Marine team to action.
- The state of the industry and specifically those that impact their Association members.
- Opportunities for member recruitment and retention.
- Developing and delivering on a business plan to support their members.
- Reviewing and approving applications for membership.
Join British Marine today
Interested in British Marine membership? Join online now or choose your contact preference below.