Designed to increase and expand your knowledge of how to meet the requirements of the post Brexit Recreational Craft Regulations, and assist your ability to manufacture, import and sell legally compliant products.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Update on the legal requirements applying to new recreational craft and their components.
- Understanding your responsibilities when manufacturing recreational craft and their components
- Understanding the legal responsibilities of importing products into GB.
- Understanding the legal responsibilities of those within the supply chain of secondhand vessels.
- Understanding the legislation applicable to vessel refit and repairs under the new RCR.
- Understanding the NI Protocol and how it affects products going to Northern Ireland.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
- All those with responsibility for the design and construction of recreational craft, for example: directors, managers, designers, consultants and surveyors
- All those involved in boat building who are responsible for the supply of equipment to any new boat, including engine suppliers.
- All those involved in the refit and repair of recreational vessels under 24m LOA.
- DIY builders who wish to CE Mark their own boats
- Importers or agents for boats built outside the UK.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Extensive and up to date information on the RCR and the associated International Standards, to help bring you up to date on the latest legislation.
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
- The legal position of the RCR
- Boat design categories
- The detail of the compliance modules
- The responsibilities of Approved Bodies
- The “Essential Requirements”
- The relationship between the regulation's requirements and the use of BS EN and ISO standards
- The details of the Technical File and documentation requirements, including “Owner’s Manual” and “Declaration of Conformity.”
- Annex II components
- Post construction assessment
- Major Craft Conversion - Repair and refit
- Exhaust and sound emissions
- RCR Course - Next date TBC
Course developed and delivered by British Marine Technical Team.
British Marine member
£226.80 + VAT (£272.16)
£453.60 + VAT (£544.32)