The Association of Brokers & Yacht Agents (ABYA) and The British Marine Boat Retailers & Brokers Boat Sales Qualification has been designed to recognise the competence and experience of those selling new and second-hand boats.
The qualification has been designed to be completed whilst you are at work and all of the evidence that you need to generate can be gathered through selling boats.
To achieve the Boat Sales Qualification Candidates must:
- complete the 4 mandatory units in the logbook:
i List a boat for sale.
ii Establish and satisfy customer requirements.
iii Negotiate and close the sale.
iv Complete the sale and handover the boat.
- have evidence of at least 12 months' work experience as a Broker or Boat retailer
- have an RYA or equivalent certificate for boat handling relating to the type of boats they are selling.
Candidates will generally be expected to have also completed:
- the ABYA Practical Brokerage Course
- British Marine Law relating to brokerage course
To apply, please email Kitty Judd- email@example.com
All Applications will be reviewed by an ABYA/British Marine Boat Retailers & Brokers panel, and the panel reserves the right to call applicants for interview and to request further information as required.
For further information on the Boat Sales Qualification please contact Kitty Judd on +44 (0) 7293 250 650 or firstname.lastname@example.org